“Iranian website: Tehran has Established an Air Defense System in Syria
الثلاثاء, 24 يناير - 2023
- Iran has changed its strategy to enhance the deployment of its proxy air defence capabilities in Syria to deal with Israeli airstrikes, according to Baladi News.
- Iran International has revealed that it has obtained exclusive information from the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) stating that an air defence system has been established in Syria.
- Early January, Newsweek reported that over the past two years, Iran has changed its strategy to enhance the deployment of its proxy air defence capabilities in Syria at the cost of tens of millions of dollars to deal with Israeli airstrikes.
- Daoud Jafari, also known as Malik, who was one of the commanders of the IRGC’s air force in Syria, set up a network to launch this project with a series of Iranian and Syrian figures before he was killed in mysterious circumstances in Syria in November 23rd.
- The Jafari Group receives assistance from undercover agents who are familiar with the use of highly sensitive equipment in the field of air defence. One of them is Gholam Hassan Hosseini, a trusted member of Jafari’s team, under whom dozens of Syrian activists work.
- It is noteworthy that the Iranian agent for the transfer of military equipment to Syria is Alireza Rezvani, nicknamed “Yasser,” who returned to Iran fearing for his life after his identity was revealed. Two Lebanese Hezbollah members, Mohammed Mahmoud Zalzali and Abbas Mohammed al-Debs, who are close to Jafari, are also working on the project.
- This article was translated and edited by The Syrian Observer. The Syrian Observer has not verified the content of this story. Responsibility for the information and views set out in this article lies entirely with the author.